Janet Solyntjes is a certified MBSR teacher and serves on the faculty of the Center for Mindfulness at UMass. She is also on the faculty of the Engaged Mindfulness Institute, helping train people to bring trauma-informed mindfulness into underserved and at-risk communities.
Janet has offered MBSR courses in Colorado since 2000 and has been leading mindfulness meditation retreats in the United States and internationally for over 20 years.
She is co-founder of the Boulder-based Center for Courageous Living, a small business committed to promoting the inherent goodness of individuals and groups through a variety of supportive services, programs, and retreats.
Here she is in conversation with Rob Dube—an avid meditator of 14 years, the author of donothing: the most rewarding leadership challenge you will ever take, and founder/organizer of the donothing® Leadership Silent Retreat. Rob is also the President of imageOne—which is ranked one of Forbes Top 25 Small Businesses in America and #1 Top Workplace in Detroit.
Some of the things you’ll learn about in this interview:
- Janet explains the browser tabs in our heads
- Why she is comfortable in solitude (this wasn’t always the case!)
- How discipline and structure serve her in her life
- Why meditation was initially difficult for her
- Why having a teacher is helpful in learning and maintaining a meditation practice
- What Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is
- What happens on a silent retreat
- What is the “ROI” on walking meditation?
- Why a silent leadership retreat is one of the best business “classes” you can take
- How to set up a guided meditation
Ways to contact Janet:
- Website: www.thecenterforcourageousliving.com
- Upcoming programs and retreats: www.thecenterforcourageousliving.com/workshops.html
About Rob Dube | President, imageOne
imageOne is ranked one of Forbes Top 25 Small Businesses in America and #1 Top Workplace in Detroit
From Blow Pops to Forbes Best Small Companies! Rob started his first business in high school selling Blow Pops out of his locker. For the last 28 years, he’s served as President and Co-founder of imageOne, ranked as one of the Top 25 Small Businesses in America on the 2017 list of Forbes Small Giants.
Throughout Rob’s entrepreneurial journey, he’s developed an unwavering passion for delivering extraordinary experiences that positively impact the lives of his team members, the goals of their customers, and the fabric of the community…A unique approach to business that has driven the company to success in its industry, and as a top workplace. imageOne is simply the best at helping clients optimize and manage print, automate business process, and secure documents and is well-known as an exceptional company, receiving local and national recognition for its multi-award-winning culture.
Rob is an avid meditator of 14 years, the author of a best-selling book, donothing,™ the most rewarding leadership challenge you will ever take, and organizer of the donothing™ workshops and leadership silent retreats.